I stumbled upon this recipe from Nikki, at Say Cheese… and Wine! I’ve made these more times than I can count and they’re always delicious. Nikki’s recipe uses strawberries but I never have any, so always end up using frozen blueberries and/or raspberries.
I’ve promised myself to try it with strawberries soon. Her recipe is down below, or check it out on Say Cheese… and Wine! Read her full post and note the modifications Nikki has made from the original recipe by Poor Girl Eats Well, who has tons of other great recipes.
Makes: 10 muffins
Calories (per muffin) 132 (about 150 with blueberries)
- 1⅓ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbl coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup diced strawberries (any kind of berry)
- For the oat flour, measure 1 1/3 cup of rolled oats, and blend in the blender (or food processor) until a flour consistency.
- Mix first 3 dry ingredients in a separate bowl. In a mixing bowl, mix bananas, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and coconut oil until well blended. Slowly mix in dry ingredients just until it is all incorporated. Stir in quinoa and strawberries.
- Measure ⅓ cup of batter into prepared cupcake tin. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. (I actually cook these for 35 minutes. It’s probably because of the frozen blueberries).
Try both muffin recipes! Tell me if you love them as much as I do or if you make them with any other berry!